Call for entries for Nikon Photo Contest 2016-2017
Neville Brody inaugurated as Lead Judge and two new categories introduced
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 26th August 2016: Nikon is pleased to announce that entries for the Nikon Photo Contest 2016-2017 will be accepted between October 17, 2016 and January 27, 2017.
One of the world's largest international photo contests since its inception in 1969, the 36th Nikon Photo Contest sees the addition of two new categories. The ‘Nikon 100th Anniversary’ category celebrates Nikon's upcoming 100th birthday in 2017, and the ‘Next Generation’ category, for anyone under the age of 30, looks to encourage the talent of the next generation of photographers.
World renowned graphic designer and art director, Neville Brody, has been chosen as Lead Judge due to his huge influence on artists, including photographers, both young and old. He says of his role, “The Nikon Photo Contest is recognised globally as a key place to discover new and rising talent, searching out rich, imaginative power and inspiration. As Lead Judge, I feel it is my responsibility to continue this great tradition by selecting works that represent new ideas and superior quality. I am excited to see just how participants express their wonderful ideas and creativity through the works they submit.”
The Nikon Photo Contest 2016-2017 photography and video categories will accept entries recorded with any digital device, including smart devices¹, and video entries with a length of six to 180 seconds. The winners of the Nikon Photo Contest 2016-2017 will be announced in July 2017, with an awards ceremony in Japan, home of Nikon Corporation².
October 17, 2016 to January 27, 2017 (closes at 1:00pm JST).
For full entry details and categories, judging and prizes, please see http://www.nikon-photocontest.com/
¹ Entries in the Nikon 100th Anniversary category must be captured or recorded on Nikon equipment
² Location and date to be decided at a later date
- Nikon to expand its Z mount lens range with the development of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 and NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2
- Reveal the beauty you see with the first Z series macro lenses
- Nine Nikon products receive the ‘Red Dot Award: Product Design 2021’
- Nikon announces new organisational structure for European Imaging Products and Healthcare businesses
- NIKON JOINS CIWEM & WATERBEAR TO LAUNCH ENVIRONMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
- NIKON ANNOUNCES DEVELOPMENT OF THE FLAGSHIP Z 9 FULL-FRAME MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- NIKON RELEASES NEW SOFTWARE FOR SEAMLESS VIEWING AND EDITING OF IMAGES AND VIDEOS
- NEW FIRMWARE. NEW MOVIE KIT. NEW OPPORTUNITIES.
- TWO FIRMWARE UPDATES INTRODUCE ENHANCED FEATURES FOR NIKON Z-SERIES CAMERAS
- NIKON INTRODUCES THE LASER 50 AND LASER 30 LASER RANGEFINDERS