Summary of key features
- Tough build. Tough performance. Real freedom. Waterproof to 30 m without housing.¹ Shockproof when dropped from heights of up to 2.4 m.² Freeze-proof down to -10° C, and dustproof too.³
- Thrilling moments. Exceptional images. Sensitive back-illuminated 16 MP CMOS sensor and bright f/2.8 lens with 5x optical zoom. The 10x Dynamic Fine Zoom⁴ doubles the reach of the lens to bring the action that much closer.
- Show more of the world. Record 4K/UHD 30p footage or Full HD (1080p) video on land or underwater. A new AE lock helps capture smooth video footage as the light changes, which is especially handy when filming underwater.
- Sharp and steady. Speedy autofocus and Nikon’s impressive five-axis Hybrid Vibration Reduction deliver fast, steady, spot-on shooting—on land or underwater.
- Knows where you go. Shows where you’ve been. The camera’s new Tool button will instantly display GPS, number of steps taken, and altitude/depth or air pressure/water pressure readings on the monitor.
- Easy control for lives rich with adventure. With a deep grip, a large monitor, and easy control underwater or when wearing gloves.
- The world is waiting. Go find it. The camera’s tripod socket is just as useful for accessories—like Nikon’s SB-N10 underwater flash—as it is for shooting time-lapse movies with a tripod.
¹ Waterproof: clears Nikon testing conditions that are equivalent to JIS/IEC Protection Class 8 (IPX8). Shooting at depths up to 30 m is possible for approx. 60 minutes.
² Freeze-proof/dustproof: clears Nikon testing conditions that are equivalent to JIS/IEC Protection Class 6 (IPX6).
³ Shockproof: clears Nikon testing conditions that conform to MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock (dropped onto plywood of 5 cm thickness from a height of 240 cm).
⁴ Dynamic Fine Zoom can zoom 2x further than the longest optical telephoto range, while maintaining maximum image resolution.
The camera’s Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi® capabilities are only available when using SnapBridge. Nikon’s SnapBridge application must be installed on a compatible smart device before SnapBridge can be used with this camera.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Nikon and its Affiliates is under license.
Wi-Fi® and the Wi-Fi Certified logo are registered trademarks of Wi-Fi Alliance®.
Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.