Live the adventure with the all-new, all-weather COOLPIX W300
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 31st May 2017: Nikon introduces the all-new COOLPIX W300—the all-weather compact with deep-water credentials. Perfect for adventurers, this is an easy-to-use camera that’s ready to take on the great outdoors, the city, and everything in between.
The COOLPIX W300 easily captures 16 MP photos and 4K/UHD video at depths of up to 30 m without housing.¹ A solid performer on land too, this dustproof compact keeps on shooting in temperatures as low as -10° C.² And the shockproof body can tolerate drops from heights of up to 2.4 m.³ The bright NIKKOR wide-angle zoom lens gives users the freedom to capture superb shots of the action in low light or murky underwater environments. Macro mode will capture extreme close ups of tiny wonders above or below the water. Support for GPS/GLONASS/QZS makes it easy to geotag shots and log journeys. And SnapBridge connectivity lets users sync photos to a smart device as they shoot, or use the smart device to shoot remotely.
Ines Bernardes, product manager, Nikon Europe says: “If you like a little adventure, this is the compact for you. Take off with the COOLPIX W300 and you can capture the fun in the pool, the beauty you see when snorkelling, or even record the dives you make while getting your Advanced Open Water certification! You can shoot scenery from the back of a jeep, or film the action on the slopes—all without worrying about the camera. Plus SnapBridge connectivity makes it easy to share your adventures as they happen.”
Summary of key features
- Tough build. Tough performance. Real freedom. Waterproof to 30 m without housing.¹ Shockproof when dropped from heights of up to 2.4 m.² Freeze-proof down to -10° C, and dustproof too.³
- Thrilling moments. Exceptional images. Sensitive back-illuminated 16 MP CMOS sensor and bright f/2.8 lens with 5x optical zoom. The 10x Dynamic Fine Zoom⁴ doubles the reach of the lens to bring the action that much closer.
- Show more of the world. Record 4K/UHD 30p footage or Full HD (1080p) video on land or underwater. A new AE lock helps capture smooth video footage as the light changes, which is especially handy when filming underwater.
- Sharp and steady. Speedy autofocus and Nikon’s impressive five-axis Hybrid Vibration Reduction deliver fast, steady, spot-on shooting—on land or underwater.
- Knows where you go. Shows where you’ve been. The camera’s new Tool button will instantly display GPS, number of steps taken, and altitude/depth or air pressure/water pressure readings on the monitor.
- Easy control for lives rich with adventure. With a deep grip, a large monitor, and easy control underwater or when wearing gloves.
- The world is waiting. Go find it. The camera’s tripod socket is just as useful for accessories—like Nikon’s SB-N10 underwater flash—as it is for shooting time-lapse movies with a tripod.
¹ Waterproof: clears Nikon testing conditions that are equivalent to JIS/IEC Protection Class 8 (IPX8). Shooting at depths up to 30 m is possible for approx. 60 minutes.
² Freeze-proof/dustproof: clears Nikon testing conditions that are equivalent to JIS/IEC Protection Class 6 (IPX6).
³ Shockproof: clears Nikon testing conditions that conform to MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock (dropped onto plywood of 5 cm thickness from a height of 240 cm).
⁴ Dynamic Fine Zoom can zoom 2x further than the longest optical telephoto range, while maintaining maximum image resolution.
The camera’s Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi® capabilities are only available when using SnapBridge. Nikon’s SnapBridge application must be installed on a compatible smart device before SnapBridge can be used with this camera.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Nikon and its Affiliates is under license.
Wi-Fi® and the Wi-Fi Certified logo are registered trademarks of Wi-Fi Alliance®.
Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
- NIKON ADDS VERSATILE DX ZOOM LENS TO ITS NIKKOR Z RANGE
- NIKON INTRODUCES TWO NEW MONARCH BINOCULARS TO BRING THE BEAUTY OF NATURE TO LIFE
- Nikon releases the NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2, a compact and lightweight prime lens for the Nikon Z mount system
- NIKON SCOOPS FOUR WINS AT THE 2021-2022 EISA AWARDS
- NIKON LAUNCHES THREE NEW RANGEFINDERS TO TAKE YOUR GOLF GAME TO THE NEXT LEVEL
- NIKON DEVELOPS NEW HIGH-POWER Z SERIES ZOOM LENS
- NIKON ANNOUNCES THE NIKON Z fc MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- Nikon, CIWEM, WaterBear and ARUP Announce Judges for Environmental Photographer of the Year 2021 Competition
- Nikon to expand its Z mount lens range with the development of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 and NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2
- Reveal the beauty you see with the first Z series macro lenses