NIKON EXTENDS TELEPHOTO VERSATILITY FOR SPORTS AND WILDLIFE PROS
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 9th January 2018: Nikon announces the AF-S NIKKOR 180–400mm f/4E TC1.4 FL ED VR, the first telephoto in the NIKKOR lineup to boast a built-in 1.4x teleconverter. Always sharp and always steady, this zoom lens allows 560 mm of reach the instant the action demands it.
From stadium to mountainside, the AF-S NIKKOR 180–400mm f/4E TC1.4 lets you own every advantage out in the field. A solid, well-positioned lever ensures easy, comfortable activation of the teleconverter. Photographers can increase the 180–400mm (f/4) focal-length range to 560 mm (f/5.6) without adjusting their hold on the camera, or taking their eye away from the viewfinder. The advanced optical design ensures photographers can extend their reach without compromising sharpness. And Nikon’s Vibration Reduction (VR) allows a four-stop advantage, even with the teleconverter engaged. SPORT VR reliably tracks fast-moving subjects, and advanced autofocus ensures subject-acquisition performance is superb. Ergonomic advantages include the fact that typical zoom- and focus-ring positions have been reversed for more balanced handling, and a fluorite lens element helps keep the weight down.
Dirk Jasper, Manager of Product Marketing, Nikon Europe, says: “This telephoto lens was built to answer the demands of sports and wildlife pros who’ll go to any lengths to get the shot. Advances in optical technology mean we can now offer higher versatility and longer reach without sacrificing weight and performance. You won’t have to swap lenses so frequently, and that will mean fewer missed opportunities out in the field.”
Summary of key features
- Built-in 1.4x teleconverter: the 180–400 mm (f/4) focal-length range extends up to 560 mm (f/5.6).
- Sharp at any length: benefit from edge-to-edge sharpness throughout the zoom range, even when shooting wide open.
- Steady at speed: VR enables shooting speeds up to four stops slower than otherwise possible.¹ SPORT VR reliably tracks fast-moving subjects.
- Always on track: advanced AF tracking keeps pace with fast-moving subjects. An electromagnetic diaphragm ensures precise exposures at high frame rates.
- Field ready: every movable part of the lens barrel is fully weather-sealed. A fluorine coating actively repels water, dust, and dirt without compromising image quality.
¹ Based on CIPA standards
- NIKON WINS FIVE RED DOT AWARDS INCLUDING ‘BEST OF THE BEST’ FOR THE Z 9
- NIKON RELEASES VER.1.2.0 OF THE NX FIELD REMOTE SHOOTING SYSTEM FOR PROFESSIONAL IMAGING AGENCIES
- Nikon is developing the Remote Grip MC-N10 for the Nikon Z mount system
- NIKON RELEASES NEW Z SERIES FIRMWARE AND HIGH-CAPACITY MEMORY CARD
- NIKON RELEASES THE UNIQUELY PORTABLE NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S
- Nikon releases Ver. 1.1.0 of the NX Field remote shooting system for professional photographers and agencies
- WARNING REGARDING SUSPICIOUS EMAILS IMITATING PUBLIC RELATIONS FROM NIKON
- REACH BEYOND WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S
- Nikon to release new firmware for the Nikon Z 9 flagship mirrorless camera
- CREATE FREELY WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z 28-75MM f/2.8