Nikon announces development of the AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR
New fixed focal length telephoto lens offers superior agility and optical performance
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 14th June 2018: Nikon today announces the development of the AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR – a fixed focal length super-telephoto lens compatible with Nikon FX-format digital SLR cameras.
The high-performance AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR lens is significantly smaller and lighter than other lenses of the same focal length due to the adoption of the same type of Phase Fresnel (PF) lens element used in the AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR, released in January 2015. Hand-held photography is easy with this compact lens, while its portability makes it suitable for a wide range of situations, from capturing fast-moving subjects at sporting events to unpredictable wildlife.
The lens’ release date and recommended retail price will be provided at a later date.
About Nikon’s Phase Fresnel (PF) Lens Element
The Phase Fresnel (PF) lens element, developed by Nikon, provides superior chromatic aberration compensation performance when combined with a regular glass lens element. Due to the use of a PF lens, a remarkably compact and lightweight lens body can be attained with fewer lens elements.
- NIKON WINS FIVE RED DOT AWARDS INCLUDING ‘BEST OF THE BEST’ FOR THE Z 9
- NIKON RELEASES VER.1.2.0 OF THE NX FIELD REMOTE SHOOTING SYSTEM FOR PROFESSIONAL IMAGING AGENCIES
- Nikon is developing the Remote Grip MC-N10 for the Nikon Z mount system
- NIKON RELEASES NEW Z SERIES FIRMWARE AND HIGH-CAPACITY MEMORY CARD
- NIKON RELEASES THE UNIQUELY PORTABLE NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S
- Nikon releases Ver. 1.1.0 of the NX Field remote shooting system for professional photographers and agencies
- WARNING REGARDING SUSPICIOUS EMAILS IMITATING PUBLIC RELATIONS FROM NIKON
- REACH BEYOND WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S
- Nikon to release new firmware for the Nikon Z 9 flagship mirrorless camera
- CREATE FREELY WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z 28-75MM f/2.8