MEASURE FASTER AND FURTHER: MEET THE FORESTRY PRO II LASER RANGEFINDER
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 29 November 2019: Nikon today introduces a powerful new portable laser rangefinder, the Forestry Pro II.
The Forestry Pro II is an upgrade to the Forestry Pro model, a highly-acclaimed surveying instrument for forestry. It has an extended maximum measurement range – now from 7.5-1,600 m – with improved accuracy and a faster response. HYPER-READ now shows results on the internal display within approximately 0.3 seconds.
Measurements include actual distance, horizontal distance, height, angle and vertical separation – the difference in height between two subjects. Two point-measurement can be used when both the base and top of a subject are visible, while three-point measurement gives an accurate assessment even if the base and/or top of the object is hidden.
Results are also shown on the larger external display, now increased from 1.7 in. to 2.1 in. The external display is now backlit, with three levels of backlight brightness, adjustable to make measurements clearly visible in even the darkest of forests.
A new log function can store up to 250 measurements, shown in numerical order on the backlit external display. With no need to stop and take notes, you can cover more ground in less time.
• Measurement range: 7.5-1,600m/8-1,750 yd./25-5,250 ft.
• Measures actual distance, horizontal distance, height, angle and vertical separation -difference in height between two targets - plus three-point measurement (height between two points).
• Results are displayed on both internal and external LCD panels. The external display shows measurement results simultaneously.
• Backlit external display offers easy visibility even in dark situations, such as for forestry. Backlight brightness is adjustable to three levels.
• Log function stores and displays up to 250 measurement results.
• Quick and stable measurement response regardless of distance with HYPER-READ.
• Measurement results are shown in approximately 0.3 seconds on the internal display.
• Target Priority Switch System for measuring overlapping subjects:
- First Target Priority mode displays distance to the closest subject — useful when measuring the distance to a subject in front of an overlapping background.
- Distant Target Priority mode displays distance to the furthest subject — useful in wooded areas.
• High-quality 6x monocular with multilayer coating produces bright and clear images.
• Long eye relief design gives easy viewing even when wearing glasses.
• Dioptre adjustment function offers more comfortable viewing.
• Single or continuous measurement (up to 8 seconds).
• Waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft. for 10 minutes) and fog-proof, but not designed for underwater usage. The battery chamber is rainproof.
• Wide temperature tolerance: -10°C to +50°C/14°F to 122°F.
- NIKON WINS FIVE RED DOT AWARDS INCLUDING ‘BEST OF THE BEST’ FOR THE Z 9
- NIKON RELEASES VER.1.2.0 OF THE NX FIELD REMOTE SHOOTING SYSTEM FOR PROFESSIONAL IMAGING AGENCIES
- Nikon is developing the Remote Grip MC-N10 for the Nikon Z mount system
- NIKON RELEASES NEW Z SERIES FIRMWARE AND HIGH-CAPACITY MEMORY CARD
- NIKON RELEASES THE UNIQUELY PORTABLE NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S
- Nikon releases Ver. 1.1.0 of the NX Field remote shooting system for professional photographers and agencies
- WARNING REGARDING SUSPICIOUS EMAILS IMITATING PUBLIC RELATIONS FROM NIKON
- REACH BEYOND WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S
- Nikon to release new firmware for the Nikon Z 9 flagship mirrorless camera
- CREATE FREELY WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z 28-75MM f/2.8