THE NIKON Z 6 ESSENTIAL MOVIE KIT: WHERE MIRRORLESS MOVIE-MAKING BEGINS
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 10th September 2019: Nikon today introduces its first mirrorless movie-making kit for video pros and content creators alike – the Nikon Z 6 Essential Movie Kit. It has been designed with freedom in mind, providing the pure essentials to get rolling quickly, with all the core tools to make high-quality movies. By leaving filmmakers free to customise further components to suit their personal preferences, it avoids the expense of unnecessary equipment.
The kit features the Nikon Z 6 mirrorless camera - and FTZ Mount Adapter which allows for seamless integration with a wide range of F-mount NIKKOR lenses - offering full-frame ultra-high-quality 4K video at high bit rates. In-camera five-axis optical Vibration Reduction (VR) works together with electronic VR for steady shooting, and Atomos open protocol is supported for easy integration of the included Atomos Ninja V recorder. A firmware update to be released later this year will support Apple’s ProRes RAW recording from the camera’s RAW output when using the Atomos Ninja V, giving maximum flexibility in grading. The SmallRig quick-release camera cage has a top-mounting grip handle for smoother moving images and tracking with ease.
By launching the ultimate essential kit for the independent filmmaker, Nikon offers a low-cost solution with a small footprint but immense impact. Flexibility is built in from the start, so it can be tailored with additional equipment to suit any movie-making style.
Nikon Z 6 camera body: 24.5 MP, 100-51200 ISO, full-pixel read-out 4K movie downsampled from 6K, up to 120 fps in FHD, 10-bit N-Log and timecode output, 8-bit internal recording with up to 144Mbps, in-camera slow-motion and time-lapse capabilities included.
Nikon FTZ mount adapter: enables use of NIKKOR F-mount lenses with no loss of quality, including a wide range of cine lenses.
Atomos Ninja V: flexible monitoring and recording in edit-ready ProRes and DNxHR formats.
SmallRig quick-release camera cage: the built-in Manfrotto-compatible quick-release system allows you to switch between tripods and monopods in seconds.
Nikon EN-EL15b batteries: two rechargeable Li-ion batteries, ensuring you’re always ready to film the next scene.
Coiled HDMI cable: supports high-speed HDMI 2.0 for 4Kp60 ProRes and RAW high-frame-rate recordings.
5200 mAh batteries: two batteries and a fast charger to keep the Atomos running on even the longest shoot.
SmallRig handle for camera cage: top-mounting grip handle for easy tracking.
SmallRig Magic Arm: mount the Atomos Ninja V to the camera cage with the Magic Arm clamp.
More details on the firmware update that will enable support for Apple’s ProRes RAW are available in the press release issued on 27 August 2019: ‘Nikon Releases a Dedicated 3D LUT for N-Log and Announces the Support of RAW Video Output for the Nikon Z 7 and Z 6’. Releases can be found in the Press section of your local Nikon website.
- NIKON ADDS VERSATILE DX ZOOM LENS TO ITS NIKKOR Z RANGE
- NIKON INTRODUCES TWO NEW MONARCH BINOCULARS TO BRING THE BEAUTY OF NATURE TO LIFE
- Nikon releases the NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2, a compact and lightweight prime lens for the Nikon Z mount system
- NIKON SCOOPS FOUR WINS AT THE 2021-2022 EISA AWARDS
- NIKON LAUNCHES THREE NEW RANGEFINDERS TO TAKE YOUR GOLF GAME TO THE NEXT LEVEL
- NIKON DEVELOPS NEW HIGH-POWER Z SERIES ZOOM LENS
- NIKON ANNOUNCES THE NIKON Z fc MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- Nikon, CIWEM, WaterBear and ARUP Announce Judges for Environmental Photographer of the Year 2021 Competition
- Nikon to expand its Z mount lens range with the development of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 and NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2
- Reveal the beauty you see with the first Z series macro lenses