Nikon releases Ver. 1.1.0 of the NX Field remote shooting system for professional photographers and agencies
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 17th February 2022: Nikon is pleased to announce that Ver. 1.1.0 of NX Field, a remote shooting system for professional photographers and news & sports agencies, has been released today. This update adds support for the Z 7II, Z 6II, Z 7, and Z 6 full-frame (Nikon FX-format) mirrorless cameras. Support for the Z 9 will be added in a future firmware update.
The support for mirrorless cameras added with Ver. 1.1.0 enables remote operation of the silent shooting function unique to mirrorless cameras. This enables remote cameras to be used even in places and situations that require silent operation, such as concert halls and chess matches. Ver. 1.1.0 also adds support for Face- and Eye-detection AF, featured in Nikon mirrorless cameras, for more reliable focus on the subject's face and eyes during remote shooting. Furthermore, the focus points positioned throughout a broad area of the frame make it easy to acquire focus on subjects that are positioned at the edges of the frame for more freedom in composing shots.
In addition, NX Field Ver. 1.1.0 adds support for interval timer shooting with both compatible digital SLR and mirrorless cameras. Specifying the shooting interval and number of shots on the remote camera enables automatic shooting, even from a distance.
Nikon will continue to provide updates for NX Field to support professional photographers who are active on the frontlines of reporting and capturing decisive moments.
Nikon is a world-leading provider of imaging products and services. Its innovative optics technology – from consumer to professional cameras, lenses to system accessories – is powered by over 100 years of experience. The brand is globally recognised for setting new standards in design and performance, with Nikon’s revolutionary Z series mirrorless cameras and NIKKOR Z lenses representing a new dimension of optical performance.
Nikon is committed to leading imaging culture and enables some of the world’s best visual artists to reach their creative potential through visual storytelling. Its award-winning equipment empowers photographers and videographers to realise their creative vision at the highest level.
As a trusted visionary partner, it unites all levels of content creators through its engaged community, unrivalled technical expertise and access to educational resources, via initiatives such as The Nikon School.
- COVER MORE GROUND WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S
- NIKON RELEASES ITS BEST-EVER VLOGGER’S CAMERA—THE Z 30
- FOR EVERY ADVENTURE. NIKON ANNOUNCES TWO NEW PROSTAFF BINOCULARS.
- NIKON TRIUMPHS AT THE TIPA WORLD AWARDS 2022 WITH THREE WINS
- NIKON WINS FIVE RED DOT AWARDS INCLUDING ‘BEST OF THE BEST’ FOR THE Z 9
- NIKON RELEASES VER.1.2.0 OF THE NX FIELD REMOTE SHOOTING SYSTEM FOR PROFESSIONAL IMAGING AGENCIES
- Nikon is developing the Remote Grip MC-N10 for the Nikon Z mount system
- NIKON RELEASES NEW Z SERIES FIRMWARE AND HIGH-CAPACITY MEMORY CARD
- NIKON RELEASES THE UNIQUELY PORTABLE NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S
- WARNING REGARDING SUSPICIOUS EMAILS IMITATING PUBLIC RELATIONS FROM NIKON